||£35,000 Plus 26 Days’ Holiday, Option To Buy Up To Five Days’ Extra Annual Leave, Flexible Working, Civil Service Pension, Childcare Voucher Scheme (subject to statutory tax rules), Additional Benefits Package
Great Britain’s gambling industry is in a constant state of change, fuelled by shifting consumer behaviour and the rapid growth of technology. It’s high profile politically too, and the legislation controlling gambling is constantly under scrutiny. Within this uniquely challenging and evolving environment, The Gambling Commission’s role is to ensure that gambling is crime free, fair and open - and that children and vulnerable people are protected. Now they need you to play a key role in their future, driving the change needed to ensure that the Gambling Commission can meet the growing complexity of the market and their developing regulatory remit.
The Gambling Commission are now looking for an SBIU Intelligence Specialist to join the Sports Betting Integrity Unit (SBIU).
This is a fantastic opportunity for an intelligence professional to take on a role where no two days are ever the same and help to minimise corruption in the world of sport.
As the SBIU Intelligence Specialist, you will support the Gambling Commission in identifying and reducing the risk of corruption in betting and sport in the UK.
In this varied role, you will:
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to encourage co-operation with the Betting Integrity Programme
- Collect, evaluate and analyse often complex information
- Build and maintain relationships with GB licensed operators and identify any areas of non-compliance
- Work with national and international law enforcement agencies
- Lead the national triage process in cases where criminality is suspected
- Maintain your knowledge of regulatory frameworks, data protection and other relevant legislation
To be considered, you’ll need:
- A background in intelligence, such as within a police department, betting operator, integrity department or a sport governing body
- Experience in the collection, evaluation, analysis of information and dissemination of intelligence
Analytical and detail-oriented, as the SBIU Intelligence Specialist, you’ll be a natural collaborator with the drive to see objectives through to conclusion. Excellent planning, prioritisation and multi-tasking skills are also key.
An interest in sports and sports betting would be beneficial to your application.
The closing date for applications is the 18th July 2018.
To apply for the role of Sports Betting Integrity Unit Intelligence Specialist, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Click here APPLY to download the application form